The Back Story

Friday, May 19, 2017

Pink Castle Bird House

I'd love to share some pictures
of our pink castle bird house. 

I say "our" because my husband and I
collaborate on our bird houses. 

He builds, and I paint.

We work well together because
I let him do his thing, and 
he let's me do my thing.

Originally my intention was to have a 
pink stand for the castle. 

When it was time to place it 
on the stand, I happened to have
this brown based stand ready at the
same time. 

The brown based stand ended up being the right fit. 


I made a beaded chain with thin gage wire for the draw bridge. 

Inside on the back wall is a surprise not visible in the pictures.

There's a mini cow skull with a halo of colorful 
cold pressed clay flowers. 



Every surface is decorated so you
can see the folk art design from all angles.


Please excuse the "background noise" in my pictures.


The stand and birdhouse are affixed 
to one another and it's not the easiest piece to move. 


I did use all exterior house paint and
finished it with a marine spar varnish.

It'll be safe in the elements, but for now I keep
it in our spare bedroom until it sells. 


 Thanks for stopping by! 

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.