The Back Story

Friday, February 2, 2018

Some Heart Warming Post Card Love

I did a little prep work
before starting on my 
postcard project. 

The first thing was
to washi tape the borders
of each individual card.

This was more to prevent separating at
the edges than for aesthetics
(although I do think the border is cute). 

Then I used painters tape on the back
to adhere all 4 cards together to
make it easier to work on them
all at the same time. 


I then flipped it over and got to work
cutting, collaging, painting, and doodling. 


I used some of my old drawings
that I'd cut up for collage pieces
as well as Loteria images, and
other goodies I found in my
paper stash. 


Love always and forever. 


El Corazon


La Rosa


Love



These are for the heART exchange
if you're interested in participating
(I was a latecomer to the party.)
The deadline for entry is this Sunday. 

Hoping they'll bring a smile
to the face of their recipients
and a message of LOVE. 


14 comments:

  1. I LOVE these-we have the same turquoise-love! That's a great idea to tape them together for working on them. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra! I have only one bottle of my favorite kind of paint (Golden Fluid) and it happens to be in teal. I tend to gravitate toward it whenever I can. I need to add some more colors to my collection. Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. They're beautiful, Terri! I love all the red & turquoise pops against the neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph. I noticed we both love red and turquoise paired together!

      Delete
  3. Well, Terri, they brought a smile to my face, for sure! They are all quite lovely.
    Thanks for sharing the "how to." Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thumbnail for this post that appears on my blog side bar made smile, it was a little tease as it looked like a flag - and of course now I see its blue painters tape - what a great idea!
    What a lovely collection of pieces you have accumalated Terri to create your beautiful and happy postcards :)
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely and colourful, looks like you had fun making them. I rather like the washi tape borders. Now I'll try to choose a favourite ...... I think maybe the third? but it's a difficult choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! The washi tape turned out to be a good choice. I was a little worried it wasn't going to adhere properly with all the things I added to the mix, but thankfully it did.

      Delete
  6. Ooh! I love these Terri! They're beautiful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just curious if you ever heard from the coordinator of this swap? I haven't and am thinking I'm going to have to find other homes for the cards I made. :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did either! It worked out for me though. I had some family members they were perfect for, so I moved on. Did you connect with the group thru facebook? BTW~ I mailed them out the same time I mailed the ATC's to you. Hoping they arrived. : )

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.