The Back Story

Friday, May 12, 2017

Folk Art Mixed Media

This is my second try at mixed media. 

I wanted to paint over her face and start over
so many times, but I promised myself
beforehand that I was choosing volume
of work over perfection. 

This is what she looks like before beeswax.


The following is after the beeswax. 

Grrr. . ruined another piece. 

It'd be easy to insert a snarky 
remark here, but I'll refrain.

I want and need to allow myself grace throughout
this season of learning. 



Well, it's back to the drawing board.

Happy Mother's Day if it applies to you.  

Peace, Love and Joy

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.