The Back Story

Friday, February 9, 2018

Frida Collage


I was going through my art journal
and came across a face I'd drawn
in colored pencil. 

No neck, no ears, and a nonexistent chin, 
but I liked her. 

I decided to throw caution to the wind
and make a mixed media collage. 

I didn't think about rules,
or what was accurate or not,
I just did it. 

"Just do it!" 


I'm kind of liking her
and that's what matters, right? 

The freedom to "go for it"
was fun.

I want more artistic 
experiences like that.  

Hope you have a great weekend! 

10 comments:

  1. I like her too! You are so good with color. I love your attitude too. I wanted to thank you for your encouragement-it means a lot to me.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra! We're on our art journey together!

      Delete
  2. Terri, wow! this is such a well done and colorful piece.
    She's got all the baubles, and bangles. These are very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbra! I appreciate your kindness.

      Delete
  3. Terri, I think she's very colorful, very artistic..

    Left you a comment last night, but don't see it. don't know what happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbra! Thanks again. Sorry about that. I was not online much yesterday. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

      Delete
  4. Wow your Frida looks very special and very good. I like the style of transforming photos in new artworks. Bravo!
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and for following my blog Sabine. It's nice to meet you! I look forward to checking out your blog and following.

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.