The Back Story

Monday, March 19, 2018

ART~ Receiving, Creating, Mailing~ Love it all!

This sweet little trio arrived
in the mail over the weekend.

I'd participated in my first
Altered Art Ladies ATC swap
a few weeks ago.  It's been
such a fun experience. 

Steph did an exemplary job
hosting and I'm very grateful to her. 

She plans on hosting some more swaps
periodically during the year
if you'd like to check out her
inspiring blog here. 


I finished another skull
painting over the weekend. 

It gave my mind a bit of rest
after finishing my skyline paintings. 


Speaking of my skyline paintings,
I sold both of them! 

Thanking the Lord
for that blessing! 

If you'd like to see what
they looked like while they
were still works in progress,
you can see them here. 



My husband and I spent 
some time this weekend getting
them all protected and packaged
up for delivery to their new home
in Chicago. 

I was born in Chicago (as were my parents), 
and spent the first 21 years of my life there. 

It'll always have a special place in my heart. 

That's why I called them "Sweet Home Chicago". 

Hoping you have a wonderful week! 

Terri





14 comments:

  1. Love those Chicago skylines, Teri. I can understand why they sold! They are so unique & just gorgeous!! And the skull made me smile.
    The ATC swap sounds like lots of fun. You received some gems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! So happy you're back. You've been missed.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Nice to meet you.

      Delete
    2. Your welcome I will follow you.thanks for your visit on my blog

      Delete
    3. I look forward to your upcoming posts. You make such beautiful things!

      Delete
  3. Those skylines are fabulous, congratulations on the sales Terri! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you had a good time with the swap, Terri! Thanks for sharing.

    Love the new skull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph! I'm hoping to get in on the next one. : )

      Delete
  5. I just love your paintings! I'm so happy you sold them. It's a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you sold them - they are fantastic Terri. I imagine it was sad also to let them go.
    Ooops - nearly forget to say great sugarskull and the ATCs looks fab too and thanks for the link to Stephs blog which I have now bookmarked to go back to look at.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill! You're encouragement is appreciated.

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.