The Back Story

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Goat Folk Art Painting

A dear lady who owns a farm animal
sanctuary asked if I could do some more
artwork for her. (My husband and I have done
some work for her in the past). 

She'd like a goat, pig, and cow painting. 

I've got the goat just about finished, and have
been working on a few other things
to help cheer and brighten up her place 
(not that it's not already really cheerful). 

I thought of this unconventional funky frame idea
after I'd already started this piece. My husbands 
been working on that. 

Unfortunately, for him to attach it, it may mean
a lot of nail holes and wood putty to cover those holes
of the front of this piece. 

I told him to just do what he needs to 
do and I'd go back over and fix what needs
to be fixed. 

Between you and me, I'm hoping not much. 

When I finish something, I like to wash my
hands of it, and not have a potential redo in my future. 


I'll be sure to post a picture
after the "frame" has been attached. 

Hoping you're having a wonderful week. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Terri

14 comments:

  1. How can the recipient not be absolutely thrilled with this painting?! And how exciting that there are two more to come!
    I think the idea of an unconventional frame is really creative. Hope it works out. Will be standing by to see the other pieces, too, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris! Your gift of encouragement always warms my heart.

      Delete
  2. Terri, this is fabulous! Great color and fanciful ...just like goats should be. Wanted you to know that I love my kitty card. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I appreciate your kind words and had hoped your kitty card would bring a smile to your face.

      Delete
  3. We must be on the same wavelength-I've been painting goats too! Your painting is wonderful. I have to say that I see your art style becoming very 'tight' and painterly. (This is good!)Not that your work was ever not as good as the present, I just see it developing and perhaps you are growing as an artist. I think that's what we all strive for as part of being an artist. Congratulations-it's a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing. It's so nice to hear. I really hope I'm evolving and growing as an artist. For you to make mention in that direction means so much to me Debra.

      Delete
  4. Terri, what a bright cheerful funky piece ! You have a way of doing these.. that's wonderful.
    Keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a very good job dear Terrier, the goat looks gorgeous with all the nice decoration on her and around her. I love your special style of making artworks and your chice of fresh colors. I think the Lady will love it.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sabine. Your kind words are appreciated.

      Delete
  6. Your colourful folk art is always a joy to look at Terri! I adore your goat!
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.