The Back Story

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

My Very First Acrylic Portrait

 She had an old fashioned charm
about her that I adored. 

I found her tiny picture in an
old Victoria magazine. 

She'd be the subject of 
my first portrait painting. 

I have a bad habit of wanting
anything I'm learning to be perfect right 
from the start, but I'm fighting it. 

There was a lot of work and reworking,
and it still wasn't quite right. 

Then there came a point when I had 
to say she was finished. 


Even as I look at her now, I see
things I want to fix and change. 

But I've decided to leave her just as
she is, perfectly imperfect. 

She's my first stepping stone, and 
I'm off to my next one. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Wishing you peace, love and joy.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.