The Back Story

Monday, May 8, 2017

Mixed Media Failure

My first time experimenting 
with this genre of mixed media ended
up in a failure. 

There were some things I wanted to change
as the project progressed, but I kept pressing
forward, wanting to get my first piece completed.

I made her head too big, messed up the neck area,
the outlining was not subtle enough, . . and on and on . . .

All of that I thought I could live with until
it came to the fiasco with the hot wax.

Apparently I didn't get enough coverage on
her face with the colored pencils before
I poured the hot wax.

Gray spots rose up from underneath. Ugh. 

The point of no return. 


I'm not going to let it get me down.

I've learned a lot and will carry that knew
found knowledge in to my next piece.

No one starts out as an expert in anything. 

As my Dad used to say, "Repetition is the Mother of skill."

Wishing you peace, love and joy.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.