The Back Story

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Sunny Days and Sundry Projects

My mind is boggled by
the weather forecasters actually 
complaining about the 80 degree 
temperatures we're expecting this week. 

Granted, the normal temps are in the upper 60's, 
but I'm not seeing a thing to complain about. 

I'm going to enjoy every bit of warm
sunshine I can. 

My husband and I are just hoping our desert 
tortoises don't come out of hibernation. 

It's still too early for that. 

We're sure to have a cold snap
or two before spring arrives. 

They need warm nights
along with the warm days
to be happy and healthy. 


I made this post card
to send to my son-in-law and
daughter this week. 

It's nice to be remembered
when you're going through 
a tough time in life. 

It looks to me like my 5th grade
self made it, but it's the sentiment
behind it that counts, right?


Last weekend I drew
out a pattern for some
smaller sugar skulls and
my sweet husband cut them 
out for me. 

I finished this one 
with the exception of
the varnish, which should
make the colors pop
even more because it's a gloss. 


This last mixed media piece
is one I'm still working on. 

I'm kind of stuck and
am not sure where to go now. 

Maybe I'll just set her aside
for a while and come back
hopefully with some inspiration
as to where to go next. 


Thanks for visiting. 

Hope you have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. I'm just enthralled by your desert. This is so totally unlike where we live-and it's lovely. I think I'd be afraid of snakes-but I would love to venture out in all that cacti.
    Your art is so colorful and fresh. It made my day to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of snakes either! I've traveled and hiked through the desert many years and have never had an issue. It only takes a little desert know-how to stay safe. : )

      Thank so much for stopping by and for your kind words. You're appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Terri, thank you for joining my blog ... Before I even came by yours I see your an animal lover.. You must be to love manatees.!!! Yes, they do get cold, and I can't imagine why we're having this strange weather.. so I've been worrying about everything out there.
    I'm joining your blog as I'm loving your colorful art.
    It made me happy ( and warmed my heart) lol. '

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara. Yes, I do love animals. I'm grateful for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Wow is that view what you see every day Terri? - it's amazing!
    I do hope the desert tortoises will be alright. We have hedgheogs here that hibernate and I worry too because the weather is weird, one day cold then next warmer - it must be very confusing for them.

    What a great post full of joyful and uplifting art and beautiful colours.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a spot very near my home. It's wonderful being in the city, yet so close to feeling like you're in the "middle of nowhere". Glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful art and a wonderful photo Terri!
    Our Russian tortoises came out of hibernation over Christmas, when it was mild here!
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison.

      I had to look up Russian tortoises. I wasn't familiar with them. They're cute little guys. Fortunately we haven't seen ours yet, but we do have some of their favorite lettuce in the fridge just in case!

      All the best to you.

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.