The Back Story

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Frida Artist Trading Cards

I'm so excited to be participating in
Steph's "Women in Art" ATC swap.

Never having done any Frida tribute art
before, I chose her as my subject. 

It was important to me not to look at
any works paying tribute to her
before I began. 

I wanted what I created to
lack outside influences. 

Another thing I decided was to
just make an impression of her,
and not go for an actual likeness
(which is really simple to do). 

I used acrylic paint, colored pencils,
collage, pitt pens, and DMC thread.




They're all a little
different, but still
cohesive as a grouping. 

They were fun to create and
I enjoyed having an "assignment"
to work on. 

The link is up top if you'd like
to join in the fun. The deadline is
not until March. 

I'm one of those people
that don't like waiting until the
last minute. . . for doing anything.  

It's one of my husbands
favorite traits about me.

I'm always ready to go 
on a moments notice. 

Happy Weekend!





8 comments:

  1. They're beautiful, Terri! I'm so glad you were inspired by the theme and tried something new. Thanks for sharing about the swap!

    Also, I'm the same way about deadlines - I try to stay as far away from them as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph! I'm so glad that you like them. I'll be getting them out in the mail soon. Hope you have a great weekend. : )

      Delete
  2. Love your art! You're brave to do this without looking at photos or references! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra. The feeling is mutual. I've added your site to my blog list so I'll be able to follow along with your art journey.

      Delete
  3. Three great pieces, Terri! Love the addition of the thread!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I've had a wonderful stitching mentor over the years. She inspires me to do more needlework whenever I can.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely brilliant Terri - the recipients will love them.. Could imagine these as larger pieces together on a wall!
    Love the stitching too (forgot to mention that on your earlier post)
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gill. I hope so. Hmmm, you've given me an idea. . . .I'll have to think on that one. : )

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.