The Back Story

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Distracted Drawing

I drawing a little Japanese
girl for a mixed media piece
on wood that I'm planning. 

You can get a glimpse of my messy
work space in the picture. 

Quite often I jump around from project to project
and it doesn't take long for my art space to clutter up. 

It's strange though, because I don't like clutter. 

Before long, I have to straighten things up.

I was like that as a little girl too. 

My bedroom would get messy and stay 
that way for a while, and then I'd get so
sick of it and have to clean it up. 

While my problem was maintaining 
a clean organized space, my husband has
always been a "clean as you go" type.

I'm trying to be more like him in that regard, 
and would say I'm 80% there. 



The following is a picture of my
dear sweet son-in-law and daughter. 

This is the reason for my distraction today. 

My son-in-law starts radiation treatment 
for his 4th bout with cancer
in the past 7 years. 

Yesterday he posted on his Instagram;

Tomorrow starts day 1 of my 18 day
radiation treatment. I've got my mental
boxing gloves on and I'm ready to begin.
Cancer has no power over me or my outlook
on life! I am blessed. 


This young man has been
a true hero and inspiration
to me and all who know him. 

If you're a person of prayer, please
remember Evan and his wife Shawna. 

It's so tough as parents having to
see your kids go through such hard things
at a young age. 

Parents are wired to want to take away 
and prevent pain and hurt for our kids. 

Sometimes, all we can do is be
there for them and pray. 

That's what we do. 

4 comments:

  1. Messy workspace? ahhh but what a lot of fun had in the meantime to get to that point :)

    Sorry to hear your news about your son-in-law, he sounds an amazing and strong person. Will keep him in my prayers and thoughts xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! The fun outweighs the mess hands down!

      Thanks for offering your thoughts and prayers for Evan. It means a lot.

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.