The Back Story

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Wonder Kitty

Something simple, light hearted,
and fun was what I felt like painting.  

I came up with the idea
of a folk art Wonder Kitty!

I didn't search before I 
made my painting to see if
it had been done, but afterward
I searched for "cats in clothes paintings". 

There are so many images
of paintings with cats in clothes
(much more sophisticated than mine).
Scrolling thru them made me smile.

Painting this piece made me smile too,
which is the heart of what art is about for me. 



She may be primitive and rudimentary,
but to me she's PURRFECT! 


8 comments:

  1. She IS purrfect! :D You're extremely talented - don't ever doubt that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means a lot to me. Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  4. Amen. Love her! Could she be the beginning of a new series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! Hmmm. . .you've got me thinking. <3

      Delete
  5. I love Wonder Kitty! He's super with super powers of course.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.