The Back Story

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Folk Art Santa

Before the season gets too far away,
I thought I'd share this
piece I recently finished. 

First, I'd like to tell you about an artist I absolutely 
adore by the name of Julia Eves. She has
an Etsy Shop & Instagram that are easy to find if you'd
like to check out her work (you won't be sorry). 

I had seen an ornament she made from an old
paint can lid of an adorable Santa which
really inspired me. 

I drew out a big Santa head pattern on wood
and asked my husband if he'd be so kind as to 
cut it out for me (it's about 13" x 18").  

Here's how it turned out. 

I just love it! It's hanging in my
art room and I have no intention of taking it
down just because the season's over. 

That's not too surprising considering
Christmas music has no season in my world. 

Thank you for your beautiful work
and inspiring me Julia Eves! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.