The Back Story

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

"Home Tweet Home" Bird House with Stand

It feels so good to have this one finished. 
I've finally freed up a little more floor
space in my art room. 

It's funny though, solving one problem can 
sometimes create another.

The newly created space in my art room
is now filling up space in our guest room.

Oh well, hopefully we'll get some of
these sold and that'll free up that room.

Dream big, right?

I wanted to take this out in the yard
to get some pictures, but we had
a much needed rain storm last
night and the ground is still wet. 

This'll have to do for now. 


We've made two stand sizes for our
bird houses. This
size is the shorter of the two. 

The flower embellishments on the sides of 
this house are raised wood cut-outs. 

I drew a couple flower patterns on
wood and my husband cut them out
and affixed them to the sides. 


The next two pictures I took from underneath
so you can see that every spot is painted. 



This was an important tip I learned
from a very wise gallery owner and art dealer. 

Don't leave any blank spaces!



Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Terri! The birds will be fighting over this :}
    And thanks for sharing the great tip. Good to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet Chris. Thanks for taking the time to visit, and thanks for your words of encouragement!

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.