The Back Story

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Painting Doors

I love painting doors! 

This is a door my dear friend 
Dede asked me to paint for her. 

One side is more Mexican
folk art inspired, and the
other side is Aztec design inspired. 


The whole door took me about 
a month to complete, and I had
to commandeer our kitchen table
as my work space. 

To prepare for the project, I draped the table with 
an old cloth and laid some wooden boxes down 
for risers to elevate the door off the table. 

I used my office chair on wheels 
to maneuver around as I painted.

It worked great! 

The only downside was that we couldn't
have company for a month,
which is hard for me to do. 



I'd love to paint our
front door in a Mexican
folk art style!

I'm not quite sure my husband
would be on board with that one though. 

It can be tough at times for a color
loving gal being married to a beige loving husband. 

Fortunately, it's a small price to pay all in all. 

Thanks for visiting!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.