The Back Story

Friday, June 23, 2017

Home Tweet Home Bird House Part 2

Here're the rest of the pictures
of my funky folk art bird house. 

If you missed Part 1, you can see that here.

My husband asked me to 
draw a couple designs for him 
to adhere to the sides of the house to
give it some dimension. 

I gave him my drawings and after looking at me 
quizzically for a second, 
(He's the first to admit he doesn't get art.)
he cut them out using his scroll saw 
and nailed and glued them to the house. 




He liked them much better once
he saw them in their finished state. 

I took the following picture so 
you can see that every visible 
surface is painted with some
type of design. 




I even paint a design on the bottom
(which I didn't take a picture of). 



There's more dimension and raised
elements on the back. 




I try to make the overall design balanced,
but not perfect. That's the fun of folk art for me. 



Thanks for visiting. 

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.