The Back Story

Friday, June 16, 2017

Felt Sugar Skull Magnets & Ornaments

Living in the Southwest, I have
a deep affection for all things Mexican.

I love the food, art, music, design, culture, 
you name it. 

I started making these felt sugar skulls about
a year and a half ago. 

My husband was interested in giving
his co-workers a Christmas gift
and I came up with these. 



I cut out the cardboard pattern first. 

The felt pieces were cut slightly larger than
the cardboard.


This one is a magnet that
I glued to the back. 


I used all sorts of buttons, baubles,
and jewels. 


I also added some puff paints. 



The felt is lightly glued
to the cardboard after
the faces are completed. 

Glue in ribbon at this
point if you're going to
make ornaments. 


Last step is a blanket stitch 
around the whole thing. 

I think they're so cute and
it's a very therapeutic project. 

Make it a great day! 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.