The Back Story

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Folk Art Bird Feeder

My husband and I finally 
hung our bird feeder. 

It's the Chirp'n Chomp Cafe
where you can eat Cheep Food.

Cheesy I know, but I'm my Fathers' daughter. 


We learned a lot with this
project. It was one of the first we
made together. 

For instance, there're some things that
need to be painted before
the piece is put together. 

You can see the inside. It's
so narrow that I can't fit
a brush to do any painting in there. 

(As I write this, I realize I probably
could've done some stamping.
I'm tempted to go do that now, we'll see.)

Fortunately, most of that blank
space will be filled with bird seed
and hopefully birds!



Most of the painting was free hand work
with the exception of the "landing pad"
where I used a paper doily as a stencil.

It's a little hard to see in the picture.


Because I couldn't reach the inside,
I made sure to cover all
the sides I could reach including the bottom.


I want it to be pretty for any
kids looking up at it. 


All that's left is to add bird
seed and see who shows up. 

Thanks for visiting. 

Hope you make it a great day!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.