The Back Story

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Camping Dreams Become Reality

Camping is something I've
always loved to do. 

Being out in nature, wandering 
around and exploring new places,
is so much fun for me. 

Rocks, insects, creatures, and plant life
are all things I patiently observe and study
when we camp and hike. 

I decided to paint myself a camper.

Of course, it had to be pink with
lots of flowers. 

I added a little kitty that I'd drawn with
prismacolor pencils and adhered
it to the piece with matte medium. 

I showed it to my husband when I finished
and asked him if he'd travel with
me in my pink camper. 

He said as long as I was with him, 
that was all that mattered. 


Apparently I wasn't the only one 
with the camping bug. 

My husband was itching to go
back to one of our favorite spots
in the Chiricahua National Forest
in Southeastern Arizona. 

I thought I'd share a picture or two
of one of our "go to" camping spots. 

We've been to this one several
times over the past 20 years or so. 

I'm sure you can see why. 


Of course we had to do 
some hiking while we were there. 

The following are a couple
pictures from the trails
around our site.


In 2007 they had a bad forest
fire that really changed the landscape
for many years to come. 

It was still beautiful though. 


We stopped for lunch on our way
home in Safford Arizona and I spotted
this artsy camper in the parking lot
of the restaurant we visited. 

Whenever I see things like this, it makes
me smile. No matter if it's a little cooky,
or masterfully done, it's a slice of Americana. 




Thank you for coming along
with me on my little camping adventure. 

I hope you have a wonderful 
rest of the week! 

Terri





4 comments:

  1. Your camper art piece is so cute! I'd love to have a camper like that. I enjoyed seeing your pics too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra! I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  2. What a great post for the 4th! And your hubby is so sweet. Only a real man would travel in a pink camper!!
    Camping is a favorite activity with Oregonians, too. Some even have campers that are similar to the one in your awesome artwork, but not quite as beautiful as that! They are more similar to the artsy camper in the restaurant parking lot, I think.
    I can understand the attraction to camping in your neck of the woods. Despite the fires, the landscape is absolutely beautiful.
    Great post, Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Chris! It's kind of a "getaway" post. Those are fun to visit here and there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.