The Back Story

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall. . .

One of my neighbors kindly gave me
a big mirror a couple of months ago. 

It's 38" x 32". 

Another neighbor that knows about the mirror
keeps asking me if I've done anything
with it yet. 

Well, it's finally time to call her over
to see the mirror. 

I should say, the frame of the mirror. 

I'll let my husband get the mirror
part securely back in the frame. 

The frame was initially a brown
mottled paint and it was primed
in white to start the process. 


These first few pictures were taken at sunrise.

That's why they're a little dark. 

Next, I drew out my design and made
patterns for wood pieces that my husband
gladly cut out for me on the scroll saw. 


I placed the pieces where I wanted them
just to check my design, before
they were adhered to the frame. 


Voila! The finished piece. 

It's much more bright
and cheerful now. 



Thank you for stopping by.

Hoping you have a wonderfully
creative week! 

Terri




12 comments:

  1. Oh this is terrific, Terri. You and your husband make such a good artistic team. The frame is so colourful with all the painted designs and the 3D additions are just marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! I am grateful for him. We have a good balance when it comes to strengths and weaknesses (we compliment each other well).

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!!
    Once the mirror is securely fitted into your beautiful frame, your neighbor is going to want it back, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a transformation Terri - this is fantastic - and always so happy looking colours and patterns.
    I bet your neighbours were blown away with this when they saw it :)
    Hope your having a good week.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful. I think your husband's woodwork adds the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debra. I love the dimension it adds too! : )

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful design Terri! You've really transformed that plain mirror!
    wishing you a wonderful weekend,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, you are a true artist. this is fantastic !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbra Joan! That means a lot to me coming from you. Hoping you're well. I've been missing your posts.

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.