The Back Story

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Superior and Artsy Sites to See

This week is a little mix of
work and play.

Although, I'd never call creating 
artwork, actual work. 

Onward, to some play and play then. . . 

Here are a few of my pieces from this 
past week. 

~Mixed media fun. 


Pink kitty



Mixed media with colored pencils,
paint, and collage papers. 



Blue eyed Frida mixed media



Folk art bird.

The quote is one of my favorites on faith:

Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings
when the dawn is still dark. -Tagore

Been there. . . 


On Saturday, we took a visit to Superior
Arizona. It's not too far from our house. 

Here are a few fun pictures of the 
desert and the town. 

The fruit on the saguaro's are open
now, feeding many of the desert animals. 

That's Picketpost Mountain 
in the background. 


They drop from the top to the ground
and feed more creatures there. 

Isn't it pretty? 


This was one of the fun artsy houses
we drove by. 


This house made me smile when
I saw John Wayne at the front door. 


The following are some of the
town shops with their murals. 



Thank you so much for 
visiting!

I hope you have a wonderful week.

Terri

8 comments:

  1. You have been busy!!!I'm happy you've found a way to work on your art when your husband is home. That's so important. Your art is beautiful, as always. I loved seeing the area where you live. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra. Yes, I forced myself back into a routine in spite of things going on around me. It's been a good exercise.

      I'm glad you liked the pictures of our little field trip. I too love seeing different parts of the world and where people live, so I thought I'd share some of my home state.

      Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you've had a wonderful week, Terri.
    Your artwork, as usual, is just magical! You are obviously back in the groove, and enjoying every minute of it. And what a lovely quote attached to your beautiful bird!
    I also love seeing photos of different parts of the country / world where blogging buddies live. Your photos are really interesting (I didn't know John Wayne lived in Superior, Arizona!). Thanks for a peek into your world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I love it when you share a bit of your world outside of your beautiful art as well.

      Delete
  3. Wow fantastic pieces Terri - what a fun week you had.
    My absolute favourite though is the girl holding the bird because my day is always filled with feeding birds. And it has so many beautiful details (and colours of course).
    Thanks for showing the photos - the scenery is amazing -thats one big cactus and those murals on the buildings fabulous.
    Happy Tuesday.. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Gill! I love birds too. I really appreciate your kind words. I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Terri - discovered your blog from Debra's - your art is lovely and happy friend. Will be stopping back again soon. Hope you have a beautiful Fourth of July. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie. It's so nice to meet a new blogging friend! Happy Fourth to you too!! I'll be visiting your blog soon. Just getting back from a little getaway and have to get things settled first. : )

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.