The Back Story

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Painted Lamp


I've been all out of sorts when it comes
to artwork these past few weeks. 

My husband is home for the summer
and my daily schedule is all off kilter. 

My creative spark has fizzled
and I'm hoping it's just a temporary slump. 

I've figured out it's going to take
some effort on my part to get back 
on track and figure out my new routine
while he's here. 

Don't get me wrong, it's nice having him home,
it's just that it's not the same as being alone. 

I'm working on figuring it all out. 


* * * 

In the meantime, I've been doing some spring cleaning 
and rearranging in the house. 

There was an all white lamp and shade on my 
nightstand that I decided to move into our family room. 

Before I did that, I thought, 'Why not give it some color?'




I think it turned out pretty
cute and gives a nice pop of color
to the family room. 

Now it's on to the rest of the day. . .

I hope you're enjoying yours. 

Until next time,
Terri

10 comments:

  1. I get the same way when Husband's home. My daughter and I figured out our groove once she was out of school - she and I have our own things to do and hang out at lunch or for a TV show here and there. But Husband is a different story. He comes in and pokes around or wants to work on X thing....we have such different styles and timelines for doing things (he's a morning person and I'm a late bloomer, lol).

    Love the lamp! Also love to see that you're listing your art on Etsy. I'm going to add a piece of your art to my walls one of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get it Steph. . . It was the same for me when my daughter was younger and lived at home. It was much easier to be in sync with her. Thanks for you kind words about the lamp and my Etsy shop.

      Delete
  2. A lovely lamp!
    I feel the same way when my husband is on vacation, or on the weekends. Love having him home-but I also need alone time to create. I hope you will find a solution, so you can get back to your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the lamp. ~It seems the issue I'm having is a fairly common experience among women. Thanks for sharing Debra.

      Delete
  3. My husband was a firefighter - long periods of time at work and long periods at home. Now he is retired... Been there, but we got over the hump.
    Good to see you are finding something creative (& beautiful) to do during this temporary slump. That is an important part of the answer.
    Love your lamp, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing, your words of wisdom, and for your understanding Chris. I'm happy you like the lamp.

      Delete
  4. Your lamp (like all your other art) is really gorgeous Terri so I hope this means you are getting your Mojo back and working things out. I love being with my hubby 24/7 but sometimes when I'm trying to blog or do art etc and he wants chat .. I get what you mean :)
    Gill xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Gill. I appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  5. Terri, you have such a knack for this sort of thing. I would be so lost trying to do this..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just goes to show we all have our own gifts. I would be lost attempting the beautiful paintings you do Barbra Joan. Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.