The Back Story

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Funky Frame and Pig Painting

As I was painting the goat picture,
I noticed a butterfly I'd
asked my husband cut out of wood for me
sitting on one of my work tables. 

I put it behind my painting on the side so
just one of the wings was showing.

That's it! I'll give my painting "wings" 
instead of a traditional frame. 

I drew out some patterns and my husband
cut them out and attached them to the 
painting for me. 

Viola! First painting completed. 


Yesterday, I started on my pig
painting. These two (the goat and the pig paintings) will be 
on either side of the barn doors. 

I have a couple flying pigs
that'll go on the barn doors that I'll share 
with you in another post.


Today I'm finishing up on 
the pig and painting the "wings"
on this one. 


After this, I have a cow
painting and a bunny hutch to finish.

I'm hoping to get it all done within a week. . .

Back to work!

Hope you're having 
a wonderful week.

Until next time. 

Terri



4 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love how ideas happen. The wings are just the right touch-and very creative. Wonderful paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debra! I love seeing the "orchestrations" throughout life too. I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paintings have so much colour and life.
    The colourful goat with flowers is wonderful and the extra patterned frame give it something extra again. I also love the laughing pig with his flowers and birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow these are fabulous Terri - as always I love your happy colours and patterns :)
    and the 'funky framing' is really great!
    Happy Friday and wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.