The Back Story

Monday, April 23, 2018

Cows, Cats, and Life's Rollercoaster

Last week was a crazy one of
highs and lows. 

One day it was remembering a dear friend's brother
at a memorial service. 

The next day it was celebrating our 
daughter's 29th birthday. 

The day after that, another dear friend called to say 
her Dad is in his last days. 

Through it all, God is 
faithful and His presence has been evident. 

Needless to say, I apologize for not
having a chance to catch up on all
the wonderful blogs I follow. 

Hopefully this week will be a little
less eventful. 

********

To start with, I'll share the cow
painting that I'm working on. 

I'm kind a stuck for a bit here and
am in the pondering stage. . . 


Meanwhile I thought I'd take a fun
little detour and paint this little gal. 


While I was at it, I saw this one waiting
to be finished and took care of it too. 


My goal for this week is to finish up
on the cow painting, and start
on the bunny hutch I have sitting
in the middle of my kitchen floor! 

Fortunately, it's only been there since Saturday. 

Hope you have a wonderful week. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Terri

14 comments:

  1. I hope things quiet down for you, and I am so glad you have your art to work on to help refresh you a bit. I love the pinky warm hues on the cow, by the way, it's always clear you aren't afraid to play with color in your painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting and for your kind words Met. You're right about me. When it comes to color, the more the merrier! <3

      Delete
  2. Love the cow painting-your art makes me happy. I've had a few months of days like you described-perhaps I'll blog about it, but in the meantime, visiting my dear bloggy friends always helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Debra. I'm grateful for your kind words and look forward to your next post. We're kindred spirits. <3

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, Terri. Lots of high-highs and low-lows around here, too. So glad things are quieting down for you now. Your beautiful paintings never fail to put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being the uplifting woman you are! I'm hoping the same for you in regard to things settling down.

      Delete
  4. Your art always brightens my day Terri! I love the cow painting and those colourful kittens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cow looks very contented in his magical colourful world and your two kitties are such fun.
    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow how nice your cow. It looks perfect, there is nothing missing. The cats look also nice. I love your colorful animals very much. They make me feel happy.
    Dear greetings and have a nice weekend.
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.