The Back Story

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween Door Decor


I spent a good part of this past
weekend making some holiday decorations.

There's a great youtube video I watched
about making tissue paper flowers.

They were so much fun to make!
I would've made more had I not
run short on tissue paper. 


I asked my husband to cut out
a skull shape that I'd drawn
onto a piece of plywood. 

He kindly base coated it white
for me and then I took it from there
with a simple folk art design. 


Years ago, my daughter made the circle
felt garland, so I grabbed that from the picture
it'd been hanging over. 

I cut out patterned felt half circles with pinking shears and sewed
them to some colorful ric rac for a cute little bunting. 

Adding the string of holiday beads seemed
to finish it off. 



Hoping the little trick or treaters
will enjoy it tonight. 


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.