The Back Story

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Birdy's New Digs


A few months back my husband and I came
across a good deal on some scrap wood
that a neighbor was selling. 

Shortly there after, I hear him out in the backyard 
sawing and hammering away.  

He brought me the cutest bird house ever
and asked me to paint it. 

It was kind of big and got me thinking
that it really needed to be mounted on a 
wooden stand of some kind. 

We came up with a stand design together and he made that too.
(It's so nice having a handy husband). 

Then it was my turn to start painting!


I never really plan out my designs in
the beginning. They sort of form organically,
and start to take on a path of their own. 


You can see that I love folk art
and funky designs. 


I put a flaming "love" heart on the back,
along with some prickly pear and yuccas on the side. 


I love wabi sabi in art~ perfection in the imperfection. 

To me, that's one of the things that make art beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by.

Wishing you peace, love and joy.

Terri

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such an impressive piece of art on the stand like that. It's gorgeous! You and your husband do great work together...I've just been poking through your "birdhouse" tag. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Steph. Your kind words mean a lot to me.

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.