The Back Story

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Lost in a World of Painting

This week I'll share some
of my most recent creations. 

The following piece
is dimensional. I designed 5
raised pieces that were cut
out and attached to a 
plywood base. 

Trim was added to the edges
to frame it out. 


Blue Kitty. 



Purple Kitty with some mixed media additions. 



This is a sweet little kitty that started
as a pattern I drew and my husband
cut out for me on our scroll saw. 

He used pine and said it was a really nice
material to cut. I painted the sides to
match the floral motif on the front. 



I also drew a fish pattern for my husband to
cut out for me using the same pine. 

It was fun painting something new. 



Lastly is this yellow kitty
that I just finished this morning. 

Such fun! 


I hope you're having a wonderful day! 

Thanks for stopping by.

Terri 

12 comments:

  1. I can see that you are having fun-your paintings show it. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost in a world of painting is a good way to get lost. You have definitely been in the "zone," Terri! Your happy artwork reflects you being in your happy place!
    I just love them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris. I'm grateful for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. You are one talented lady... love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art is so wonderfully colourful and happy. I can see the 3D effect in the first, what a great idea to include 3D pieces in the frame. The whole piece is marvellously detailed.
    Of course I have to love all of the kitties and it is impossible to choose a favourite this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. You're so sweet. I appreciate you!

      Delete
  5. So sorry I haven't visited for a while Terri. I hope all is well with you.
    Wow - as always you have been so busy with all your beautiful, fun pieces - love them all - but the fish caught my eye as it was so different.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gill! I haven't been very active here lately myself. Thanks for checking in. I'm grateful for your kind words.

      Delete
  6. Missing your posts and artwork Terri so I do hope all well with you and your family over at your end of the world.
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all the very best for 2019.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gill! I do plan to start posting again and checking in with my "blogging friends" soon. You are so sweet and thoughtful to touch base. Wishing you all the best always.

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.