The Back Story

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Frida Boxes and Fur Baby

Our little grand pup is growing quickly!

Gus loves this little patch of grass we
have in the backyard for our tortoise. 

It's the softest and coolest place to lay.
No wonder he gravitates there
every time he visits. 

Our son-in-law is in the middle
of a 2 month long chemo treatment. 

Every opportunity to help the kids out
during this tough season of life is a blessing. 


This is one of my two Frida 
shadow boxes. 

The yellow background on this
one is an easy way to tell the two apart. 

(Just a little side note, there's a glare
in this picture that isn't in the actual piece.
These are hard pieces to get good pictures.)


This one has loteria cards
on the side. 


 This is the second one. 


It's sides are painted with gems added here and there. 



I've left a spot in front of each to
place some tea light flameless candles. 

It'll help to light up the inside. 

Personally, I don't think pictures
do them justice. 

I love the way they look in person if
I do say so myself. 

Hoping you're having a wonderful 
week and all is well with your soul! 

Terri 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Your Frida boxes are incredible, Terri! You've managed to combine the influence of two artists - Frida and YOU - into these creative pieces. The loteria (had to look that one up) cards are an awesome detail, too!

    And my heart goes out to your son-in-law. Tim and I will keep him and your family in our prayers. Gus looks like such a character. Trusting he will prompt some smiles and giggles for everyone during this rough time :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Chris! I'm so glad you like the boxes I made. Your prayers are the greatest gift we could receive. Heartfelt thanks to you and your husband for lifting our son in law up in prayer. : )

      Delete
  2. LOVE the colors in the boxes-and the detail is wonderful too.
    I've been praying for Evan (think I've got his name right) ever since you mentioned him a while back.
    Thank you for telling us, so we can keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for visiting and your kindness Debra! Yes, his name is Evan. Thank you for your gift of prayer. You are greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Terri I want to thank you for coming by after our experience with the hurricane...
    I pray for your son in law.. We all seem to have a turn at trials, and heartaches.. in one way or another. That's why we understand when another is hurting.
    You are one talented lady to do the creating you do. !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbra Joan. Your words are kind and wise. I appreciate having you as a blogging friend. Your prayers mean so much. Keeping you in my prayers too.

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.