The Back Story

Friday, March 2, 2018

New Skull Series

I'm working on a new painting
that's rather stressful and
decided to paint some more
skulls as a brief diversion from that. 

These almost seem
to paint themselves, and
the fun thing about them
is that they seem to 
be morphing a bit. 

I like seeing their evolution.

In fact, I'm looking at one
of the original skulls I painted
(it's hanging in my art room)
and thinking about how
much I want to sand and repaint it. 

That'll have to wait for later. 

These are the four I completed
this week. 






I've finished 8 so far and my
new goal is 12. 

Some people may find them
scary, but they make me smile.

Thanks for stopping by. 

Hoping you have a wonderful weekend!


4 comments:

  1. I didn't really understand about 'day of the dead' etc until a couple years ago after reading 'Dusty Diablos' by the assemblage artist Michael DeMeng.
    These are wonderful Terri - cheerful colours and they make me smile.
    I love them all :)
    Have a lovely weekend..
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gill! I'll have to check out the artist you mentioned. <3

      Delete
  2. Colorful and happy-they make me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra! I'm so glad they make you smile too!

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.