The Back Story

Monday, November 13, 2017

Travel Pillow Case

My little travel pillow is one of those
things that ranks right up there with my 
toothbrush when it comes to daily use. 

From cushioning sore bones at night,
to resting on my lap while I drink
my hot tea and chat with my husband
on our couch, it's never far from me. 

I've made at least half a dozen
custom pillow cases over the years for it. 

They're so much fun because I can
play around with some funky combinations
and fabrics. 


I've been happy with the
way they've all turned out with
the exception of the inside. 

My raw edges were exposed and
would fray and tangle and make
an ugly mess if you ever took a peek inside. 

Well I was really excited this time, 
because I finally learned how to 
do a french seam!! 

It's just as beautiful on the inside
as it is on the outside (if I do say so myself). 



It's so much fun learning 
a new skill an upping my
game (especially as I get older). 

I'm already gathering material
for my next one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.