The Back Story

Monday, November 27, 2017

Bowl Cozies

A couple years ago I received a 
bowl cozy as a gag gift. 

As it turns out, that had to be
one of the most useful gag gifts
I've ever gotten. 

We eat a lot of hot foods
in bowls, from soup to
rice with vegetables, and of course, 
our morning oatmeal routine. 

I'm always heating up a bowl 
of something in the microwave. 

Since these have come in 
so handy for us, I decided to
make a bunch for Christmas gifts.


I've picked up a few helpful hints
that have made the process of making
multiples much easier. 

First I made a 10" template out
of cardboard which included the triangles
for the darts. This saved a lot of time measuring. 

There are several good instructional videos
online that will give you measurements
for the right size bowl you're looking for. 

I cut the cotton batting an inch smaller (9")
than my fabric (10"). This made finishing much simpler. 


My last helpful tip is to work
in an assembly line process
instead of making one at a time. 

This saved me so much time and 
was much more efficient.

I hope our recipients get
as much use out of these as we do!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.