The Back Story

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Folk Art Bird House 5

This bird house gave me a little
trouble at first. 

My initial idea for it (which I was
really excited about) bombed when 
I told my husband what I wanted to do. 

He told me how hard he worked
on certain features and I was going to cover
them up with my idea. I could see his point 
(after a long discussion) and I decided 
to move on to a plan B. 

By the way, after this incident, we made
the decision that he'll do his thing when it
comes to building, and I'll do my thing when
it comes to painting. Our team projects have been
harmonious ever since.

Back to plan B. .  . I had to come up with
a new idea, and instead I just sat and sat in
front of this thing, starting at it and 
wondering where to start. 

Ever been there yourself?

After a grueling amount of time passed I 
decided enough was enough. 

I set a timer for 20 minutes and started painting
a base design without thinking about it. 

"Just paint!" I told myself. 











After all was said and done,
I really liked the way it turned out. 

Sorry my pictures aren't the best.
I keep this bird house in my daughters
old room and the lighting isn't the best. 

I think the gist of it comes across though. 

Hope you have a fabulous day!

Happy Creating. 

Terri

1 comment:

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.