The Back Story

Monday, February 12, 2018

Pushing Art Out

These three pieces are
the fruit of my solo
mixed media challenge
to push out art. 

I mean push it out
like squeezing toothpaste
from a tube (letting it flow
and not worrying about it). 

I'm getting pieces under
my belt, so to speak. 





Through this exercise, 
I desire solely to
learn to move freely
about my creative
surface, allowing
the inner to translate
to the outer. 

It's not easy, but as my Dad
used to tell me,
"Repetition is the mother of skill." 

All I need to do is to
keep pressing forward. 

Hope you have a wonderful week ahead! 


8 comments:

  1. Oh I love it. So fresh and colorful Art you made. The transformed faces look wonderful.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful pieces and the entire concept of pushing art out is wonderful. I wish you the best of luck in getting your art on paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful expressions of just letting go!But I also see a great deal of talent. Your dad's advice is very good-I need to follow it myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra. You're so kind. My Dad was such an encourager and always had wisdom to share. I hope to be remembered like that by my daughter as well someday. <3

      Delete
  4. You've pushed out some really stunning and inspiring art Terri! I love these pieces!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Alison and for your kind words! <3

      Delete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.