The Back Story

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Folk Art Cats

A month or so ago I base
coated several block squares
of wood in black paint. 

Then I painted a round head
with shoulders in white on each
one as a base to do a series
of snowmen. I set those aside for 
another day. 

Well, another day came last weekend,
but instead of snowmen I turned
them into cats. 

Need I say I'm ready 
to move on to the spring season?


This is my mixed media angel cat. 







I had a lot of fun painting
these and for the most part
things seemed to flow along 
quickly. 

There was one afternoon I would've
thought 30 minutes had passed when it
was actually 3 hours. 

My husband actually waved at me and 
said, "Hello. . . there's another person in
the house. . ." haha (oops, it was time
to put the brush down and give
some time to my husband). 

Except for my husband feeling neglected, 
those are my favorite kind of days.

Thanks for visiting!

Hope you have a fantastic week. 



8 comments:

  1. Terri, these are so happy and colorful.. By now you know I'm a big fan of cats. So I just love these.
    Painting can be so addictive when we're in that mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I know that frame of mind too-sometimes it's hard to get back to earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweet and colorful cats. My favourite is the turquoise with the birdy.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sabine! I do like that one as well. You're appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Your cat series is just gorgeous Terri! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.