The Back Story

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Mini Bear & Blue Bird Diorama

I made this mini diorama
out of a tuna can and a cardboard frame
that I drew and cut out. 

The whole thing was covered with paper mache
and then painted before I added the little scene
in the center. 

I made some cold porcelain roses
and glued them on with E6000 for
a cute finishing touch. 

I discovered that coloring
cold porcelain clay with Sharpies
(as opposed to paint) is less messy,
but it dries them out completely.

I wouldn't do that again. 
A little mess to clean up is better
than having to toss my Sharpies. 


Because of the frame design,
it sits at just the right angle. 



I coated the whole thing
with a gloss gel prior to affixing the
inside scene. 


The only thing left
to do is sign it!

Thanks for stopping by. 

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reaching out and leaving your comment. Whether it's a word of encouragement or a constructive critique, I'm grateful. Kindness is King either way.